Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Trying to find the vein wasn't easy

I started my Round 2 today. That is Kim in the picture with me. She had to stab my left arm two times to get the veins to co-operate with the IV. That's a warm towel on my arm to get the veins to pop out more than usual. I cut my hair down to '#1' last night so that I don't leave hair all over the house. I mean I still will, but this was they will hardly be noticeable. Getting back to my day today. Kim is a very chatty nurse and, although very experienced, just couldn't get the IV right today. Kind of made me mad that I became a bit of a pincushion. The usual 'good IV sticker' wasn't there today. She will be tomorrow and she will get my IV right. In the end, after my treatment, I had the IV taken out (usually stays in for about 3 days so that they don't stick you everyday and my arm will get another go at tomorrow morning. My favorite nurse, Marsha, came and looked after me for the 2nd half of the day which was great. She is in fact Kim's mentor. Masha is the best.
Jennifer stayed with me for the first half, until I started my chemo drugs, then she went and had to do some volleyball stuff. They are hosting the State Championships this week, so very busy. I also started a new nausea medication today and it seems like it is working. I feel a lot better than last time, lets hope it stays that way for tomorrow afternoon, its the 7A West Conference Champs and I want to be there to see the guys and do a great pep talk before the race. They came 2nd last year and then went to on to win the State champs. We hope to go one better this year at Conference, and then retain our State Championships on the 6th November. Of course, you can follow twitter updates for the team and also I will post here throughout my daily reports.


No comments: