Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Feeling better after some lunch, now rest time.

Ryan Botha picked me up @ 1 from the clinic and we went and got some Zaxby's. Went down well and got me back on my feet. I still need to drink more fluids as one of my chemo drugs Cisplatin (the other is Etopiside) takes fluid from my body and it can cause kidney failure if I don't flush the body. So drinking lots if a must. I have to drink about 4 liters (1 gallon for my American friends) a day during treatment, so you can imagine the toilet interruptions I have during my movies. Today I think I'm going to get "Predators" off cable. I'll let you know how it rates. Today's treatment had its up and downs. I was good at the start, then my vein decided to shut down and started to bubble up a little with the saline fluids pumping into it, so the nurse quickly got the left arm with IV in it and all was flowing nicely again. She did very well, first shot and straight in the vein...unlike Monday with a different nurse. Hopefully this IV stays good for the whole of tomorrows treatment. One day to go this week, then another blood boosting shot on Saturday and then a scan early next week. I am excited to hear those scan results. Pray that they are showing a massive decrease in tumor size.

No comments: