Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Today finished well

Today was a good day as far as chemotherapy treatment goes. I did my treatment in my favorite chair at Highlands Oncology between 8am-12noon. Then my beautiful wife came and picked me up and fed me. Yes, I actually have my appetite this time round! During my first round I hardly ate at all and lost about 10lbs that week, but with my new nausea medicine (Emend) I am pushing through this week very nicely. Eating just about normal. My sleep has been great so far this week to. After treatment I got home and relaxed a few hours before taking a 35 minute POWER nap. Yep, had to sneak my name in there.... Then I got picked up from the house and driven to the 7A West Conference Cross Country champs where the boys and girls teams were running. I simply couldn't miss this one. We were favorite to win the boys title. I felt a little tired while I was there, but once the race started I was pumped and normal, the adrenaline was rushing through my veins. Probably right next to the chemo meds :-) The boys ended up winning and girls got 2nd. It is the first time in school history, more or less 30 years, that the boys had ever won the conference championships. Now we move to retain our State championships on Nov.6th @ Rogers High School. I should be right to go that day! Of course my day ended with seeing my beautiful wife and son. A day to remember.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're feeling better! They gave me Emend when I had Jonah, it's a wonder-drug!