Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Still feeling great and State champs!

I haven't blogged for a few days because mainly I have been feeling good and it would be pointless to blog about the same statement all the time. So I'm feeling great and just relaxing before my 3rd and final treatment week after Thanksgiving.
A couple of weekends ago I got the go ahead from Dr. Travis to push my body a little to see how the tumor and my body reacted. Maybe it was a polite way to say, lose some weight..... I'm not sure, but I did go and cheer on the BHS XC boys and girls at the State meet. The boys were ranked 2nd going into the meet, but we knew that we were going to be tough to beat. The girls were ranked 2nd and going to have to race very well to win.
So it came down to the race and the picture to the right shows our last pre-race speech. It was a great day and the boys ended up winning quite easily for their 2nd championships in a row and the girls got 2nd by a small margin. Now the boys are going to Houston, TX on the 19th -21st Nov for the NXN South Regional meet. The top 3 teams in that race go to Nationals in Portland, OR. The boys have never gone to either meet before, so it should be an exciting experience.
This is a video I put together of the highlights of the State Meet. State Highlights

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling better. I hope the next round of treatment goes smoothly.Congrats on the team's big win. Good luck in TX!