Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 06, 2010

A fantastic day

Today was set to be a busy day: State Championships mid-morning to ~ 4pm, then the Reality Check fundraiser, "Dancing with the NWA Stars". With doctors orders to push my body to see if the tumor reacts I was going to have a normal day. I met with the team for breakfast @ Panera, then we went back to the Athletic offices at school to relax before heading to the course. Felt great from the time I got up this morning & trying not to think to much about the tumor. The State Championships was a great time to forget everything and just get with the team. The boys ran what they were expected to run and did a fantastic job executing the race plan. They won easy in the end. This is the 2nd year running for the boys. Before that they had not win it since 1983! So its good to get the ball rolling on a streak of victories. The girls put themselves up there early, but just couldn't hold on to the lead as Rogers HS came through the field and got them. Check out the BHS XC website that I look after for more photos and videos in the coming week.
Tonight was the Reality Check fundraiser. It was such a great night with Tommy Runnels, the guy that took my place, winning overall Dancing with the NWA Stars. They also donated $1200 towards my treatments. Thanks for all those they put votes in online. I really appreciate it. I will post pictures and video if I get it.
Tired now, but clocks go back tonight, so sleep one more hour!
AWESOME DAY!

No comments: