Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

My brain is racing all the time

After the visit to Dr. Katz my mind is all over the place. It is all I can think about. When I wake up, when I go to sleep and numerous times throughout the day is thinking about my cancer and what my next step should be.
I am very worried because I am starting to feel something in my right lower back again. It was the same, to a lesser extent, as what I had in August 2010....when all of this started.
Dr. Katz told me I have 2 options. RPLND surgery or monitor. As the tumor is 4.3 cm then the urologist all think that I need the RPLND. If it was smaller than 3cm then it would be better to monitor it. So I have told myself I need this surgery and I will get it done. Now the question is, who does it? I have done a lot of reading on the web and have got on a great website, thanks for finding it Jennifer!, called tc-cancer.com which wraps my head around RPLND surgery and who does it. Dr. Foster in Indianapolis is my number 1 guy. He works with Dr. Einhorn who worked very closely to Lance Armstrong. Dr. Foster has been doing this type of surgery for many years and, from what I have read, knows his stuff. Dr. Katz suggested I talk to an excellent Dr. in St. Louis, Dr. Kibel. This doctor hasn't been doing it as long and I he is my 2nd pick right now. St. Louis is closer and easier for Jen's family and added cost, but I'm not going to let logistics make my mind up. I simply want the best of the best.... and in my mind that is Dr. Foster.
I see Dr. Travis on Tuesday (there is a storm coming through that is supposed to hit Monday night. I hope this doesn't cancel Dr. Travis appointment) and will make sure I get a referral to go see Dr. Foster ASAP. With my back hurting, I feel I need to work quickly on this.

No comments: