Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Such a big day today: Dr. Einhorn

Yesterday I wrote an email to Dr. Einhorn who lead the team that saved Lance Armstrong's life. I didn't expect much a response back as he gets so many emails per day. He wrote back this morning and even tried to call! I was in the shower so missed it. I called him back and we spoke for about 20 minutes about my treatment. Well I found out that my treatment timeline has been pretty much wrong this whole time. I should of had 4 cycles of chemotherapy, should of had them 3 weeks apart, should of had my RPLND surgery about 6 weeks after my last course of chemo. I have a 12% less survival rate now that I took 3 cycles instead of 4. Dr. Travis and I will be discussing this next week.
Now I am focused in on working with Dr. Einhorn, oncologist, and Dr. Foster, the surgeon. This team is the best in the country. I am getting a CT scan tomorrow morning and my bloody tumor markers drawn as well. This information and all of my previous scans I will take to Indianapolis Friday. I am spending the day up at the hospital in Indy talking to Dr. Einhorn and, hopefully depending on his schedule, Dr. Foster.

This is where I start doing this treatment thing right.

Like Dr. Einhorn said, " This is still going to have a happy ending"

No comments: