Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Getting ready for surgery

Well I have been stressed a little lately because of all the things I have had to do. With Track season is full swing that has been been demanding on me. I am trying to do my best, but things always go on and fires have to be put out. Lachlan is growing up so fast and I cannot believe that he is 13.5 months already. He will be 2 years before I know it and truly a 'big boy'. Too quick, too quick. Teaching has been crazy. You never seem to catch up with things. I come home from work and know I have plenty of work to do. Family time comes first of course, but the stress of thinking about all of that school work just drains me. My mind has been racing. The only way I can sleep any good is if I take my natural sleeping tablets. And now on top of that I have my surgery next week. I feel as though I am not prepared for it at all. Maybe thats a good thing. I wont be thinking about the surgery because I have so many other things going on. I do need to get a blood test tomorrow and the results sent up to IU. I might just get it done at Highlands. They get the results very quick and are good about faxing the results quickly. Just need the time to get my butt down there. I should have that tomorrow......then again.. who knows.
I am glad that my parents are going to be there for the surgery and afterwards. I think afterwards it is going to be really nice to have them by my side. We can go walking together which I will love and a very important part of my recovery. Total recovery should take about 3 months, but I am hoping to be at work after 4 weeks and working without any heavy lifting. My parents are here for 2 weeks.
I will be typing up posts from IU and the recovery room. It should be very exciting and I might actually get some much needed rest!

No comments: