Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Indianapolis visit & Surgery Date




Jennifer and I drive 9 hours to Indianapolis, spent the night, up early to meet
with Dr. Foster and Dr Einhorn, then on the road again for another 9 hours back to Bentonville. It was a quick, busy trip but it was very worth it. The drive there was easy. Nice roads and minimal problems. Hotel check in was a breeze. My Insanity workout that night in the hotel room was not a breeze! I found myself stopping to many times and just not able to keep up the pace. The good thing for me is that many of the guys and girls on the video were also stopping. Maybe this is not so good for Insanity as you'd expect their 'athletes' to complete the workout without stopping. putting us mere mortals to shame. Anyway.. getting off the topic aren't I. Back to it.
Dr. Foster was first up and he was very relaxed and seemed very confident. He answered all of our questions, and we had a lot! He told us he does about 170 of these RPLND's a year and done about 2000 in his career so far. Amazing. Compare that to one about 6 years ago, which was the stat of my first urologist that wanted to do the surgery on me! So I felt very confident that if I was to get the surgery done, then Dr. Foster is the man to do it. Next was Dr. Einhorn. We went down the elevator to his office to check in. While we were waiting, I noticed the walls were covered with Lance Armstrong pictures and signed magazine covers. I'm sure he has his own private collection of signed gear. Dr. Einhorn's RN first came in to see me and talk to me about my case. Dr. Einhorn then followed in which he basically told me I have two options. Do the surgery, which he strongly suggests, or surveillance, which he strongly opposes. So, with this Dr. of so many years experience telling me I needed the surgery. I simply told myself that I have to bit the bullet and get this done. So I walked out of there a happier, more knowledgeable person. I'm happy I found IU and happy that this will be the place of my surgery with Dr. Foster. My parents are coming over a few days before which will be really helpful with my recovery.
Time to prepare for it all.

No comments: