Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 27, 2005

First group race for Barcelona Fit

Jean Bouin 9.55km - 13th - 29:51
On a cold and wintery day last Sunday the Barcelona Fit crew competed in their first race of the Barcelona Fit training program. The 10km was around the Montjuic area of Barcelona and proved to be an excellent race for the 2000 people that ran it. Barcelona Fit had many runners under the 50 minute mark, with my friend and a coach of the program, Josep Maria Antentas, taking honors in 38:40. You can see more photos of the day here. I ran the professional race a few hours after watching everyone run and came in 13th with 29:51 for the 9.55km course. It was 3 laps of the undulating area of the Montjuic Castle/Museum. All in all we had a fun day and the Barcelona Fit crew is really starting to reap the benefits of group training. BTW, I am the Director of Barcelona Fit and this is the reason I am in Barcelona through until March 26th when the Barcelona Marathon is run. I am organising a 3day/4 night Marathon Tour here in Barcelona and Paris for each of the city marathons and if you want more information then you can email me. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Superflake said...

Hi Mike, Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm only riding at the moment as I have anterior tibia stress fractures which I picked up in July. Still hoping to do Canberra Marathon in April. Good time for the 10K(?) race. maybe 31:30 if 10?

Robert Song said...

Mike, Thanks also from me for your comments on my blog. I am enjoying getting back into running and hope to get under 3hours for the Marathon next year, so have a lot of work to do. So far so good.

The times you elite guys run just seem awesome to a middle of the pack runners like myself.

Do you get a chance to see the Barcelona football team play? Ronaldinho has been on fire lately.

miners said...

Fantastic to see the results coming for your guys there Mike - it must be really rewarding. So where are things taking you after March?