Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 13, 2005

BEHOBIA-SAN SEBASTIÁN

20km - 2nd - 63:11 (32:05/31:06)
Ok, so I went up to San Sebastian (on the northern coast and border with France) with my friend Andreu Ballbe from www.championchip.com sharing a 7-hour car ride. I expected top finish around 5th or 6th. I didn't really mind where I finished to be honest, Iwas just looking for a fast race. After a few easy kilometers between 5-10km, I knew I would be in the hunt for a podium finish. I felt good and the course suited my condition. I am still only running about 80km/week, but am looking to improve that to over 100km in the coming weeks. Still only running once a day. My last 10 was the fastest in the field and shows that I am improving. On the 27th Nov. I have a 10km in Barcelona which will be packed with faster runners, but you never know, I might just sneak a Top 10 position. :-) Stay tuned.... Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

miners said...

Hey, great race Mike. Especially promising to see how strong the nagative split was. You said the course suited you - was it fast .v. hilly?

Incidentally, I take it you're related to Susie?

Mike Power said...

Yes the course was very up and down, but with only 2 larger hills that I could push. There were some good downhills which helped me open the legs and float down easy enough. Susie is my sister.

Stu Mac said...

Excellent to hear the fitness is returning and the hard work starting to pay off.

Anonymous said...

Great result mate! What's even more pleasing is to hear that your hunger/competitive drive seems to be growing again and that your having great fun doing what your doing.

Things are good back here. I'm starting to feel fit again and am noticing improvement everytime I run. No signs of the injury I had before I went overseas so am really enjoying every long run and workout at the moment. Main aim now is to regain some speed as I can run 75 mins comfortably but am doing 500m reps in bout 1:25 - 1:30. You were pushing me to 1:18 - 1:20 when you were back here.

Anyway, it'll happen in time. Everyone in the group says g'day and hopefully we'll catch up for a chat soon. Look after yourself.

Tank.