Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Springfield Race

Went up to Springfield, MO last night for the Bass Pro 5km road race. Jennifer came with me of course and did her job as looking after me for the race day. I am not sure how she likes the 6am wake up calls, but sure her teaching days have given her alot of practise.
So I felt alot better than Little Rock and really wanted to run well leading into Boulder Boulder next week. I won in a time of 14:38 which is a little slower than last week. I reckon the course may have been a little long, as it felt stronger and faster than LR. Oh well, I walked away with $500, a nice trophy, and Jen walked away with a nice pair of running shoes.
After an easy drive home, although we were both very tired, Jen and I rested all afternoon. Then we went out with Jens parents and sister for dinner. All in all a good day.

1 comment:

Peter Nguyen-Brown said...

Good win mate. Send the cheque through to Locked Bag 317 Melbourne 3000.