Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Little Rock

Ok, got back from Little Rock last night. Raced the 5km down there, got 2nd in 14:30 odd (4:40/9:35). Pretty sour about the race, but it was a nice trip down there with Jen. We stayed in a local hotel and got up early for the 8am start. I didn't feel like I was in good shape after 2 miles, but as I was 5th going into the final 400 I thought that I should start sprinting! So i picked up a bit of pace and got into 2nd, but the finish line got there before I could get first. I picked up a little cash, but only turned in about $150USD profit. Nothing much, but better than training at home.
I will now focus my daily energies into getting susies (my sister) training up and going again as she is a little bored with training lately. Hopefully she can be ready for the half marathon on the 22nd.
As for me, I have another 5km in Springfield, MO, next weekend and then Jen and I head to Boulder Boulder 10km so that I can join Andrew Letherby and Kim Gillard for the Australian team. Will I run good? doubt it, but anything around 30:30 will be a good run @ that altitude.
Photos are coming.....

No comments: