Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 11, 2011

The week after surgery

A week after surgery and I am still very sore. I have enjoyed times where I don't hardly feel it (thanks largely to the Percocet I am taking ever 3-4 hrs), but there are other times that I feel so much in pain that I have to lay on the couch and just not move. Sometimes feeling cold. Yesterday my right side, leg, foot and arm felt kind of different. Slightly numb. Today it isn't so bad, but maybe after todays walk it will get some blood flow. The showering has become so much easier and I dont feel as though I need help getting up and around the house anymore. Its always nice to get though :-)
My staples were oozing yesterday quite a bit and not too sure if its because that the healing process or if its because Mum and Dad got me laughing a lot over the past few days. Laugher is the best medicine! but, whoo, does it hurt. I found a way I can hold me stomach together when I get into laughing and it doesn't hurt so much. I kind of squeeze my staples together! haha. short, temporary relief to a good joke or laughing moment.
Great to have mum and dad here, but they leave Tuesday morning out of Bentonville airport. Jen, Lachie and I will get them to their plane as they head over to Denver, CO for a few nights.
Glad they are not stopping in Hawaii this time after they might be hit by the tsunami today resulting from the japan Earthquake. I pray for everyone effected. It seems the world is not liking something happening to it.
I'm going to walk for an hour today. Its such a great day we gotta get outside and enjoy it. Ciao.

No comments: