Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 03, 2010

Finished!

After a long day in the chemo chair and just feeling like rubbish I finally got that blasted IV out of my arm. I think it stopped working as soon as the last drop of Cisplatin went in. I think it wanted out just as badly as I wanted it out. So after a movie and some lunch (beef soup & chicken nuggets - I know a weird combo) I am  waiting for Jennifer to come home with Lachlan. His first full week of the new day care is done today also. Just a full day of celebrations. Yesterday I couldn't believe how much his hair has grown and how much he changes. Although I am around the house during treatments I am very much out of it and miss holding Lachlan and playing with him. The week goes by and he has changed before my eyes. A little disappointed that I miss that time with him during these weeks. I have to make up for it during my good weeks. Which there should be a lot of nowadays!
I am thankful for all those nurses that looked after me during my time at Highlands Oncology. They really did a great job. Now for my Neulasta shot tomorrow to boost my WBC this week. I am hoping to be back teaching by the end of the week as long as I feel up for it.

2 comments:

Peter Nguyen-Brown said...

It's a great day Mike!

What movie did you watch, I'm hoping Anchorman or Old School?? Just don't tell me you watched a girly movie, I'm hoping Chemo hasn't changed you that much!

Looking forward to speaking with you over skype soon mate now that it is all hopefully over!!! Mish and Alyssa say hi!

Anonymous said...

Mike,
Just finished reading your blogs after coming across them; way to go!!!!! What a story, true insperation Mike!!!
I'm so hapy you got thru this tough time and are feeling better.
Have a fantastic Holiday Season.

FORREST