Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 11, 2005

First XC in Spain

9.2km Granollers International XC - 7th - 28:16
A windy 4 lap course through a local neighbourhood park added to a very strange, but high quality XC race in Granollers. I was pretty much 7th the whole way and pushed through well. My training was not good this week due to being sick after the 1/2 marathon. I recovered by limiting the training and relaxing alot. Chema Martinez won the race and finished about 500 mts in front of me. So I still have some improvements to make if I want to run with those leaders. I am starting to train more now over the Chirstmas period, so I hope to see these improvements in January 2006. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

miners said...

How often do you hear about guys coming down with illness after a big race effort? Hope you're feeling better now Mike

Anonymous said...

Ah, still a great performance on limited training. Perseverance and a positive attitude seem to be a couple of your better attributes. I have a few athletes who are looking forward to training with you, if or when you get back to the lucky country, good luck