Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Barcelona Fit 32km training

This morning was the last big training run for the Barcelona Fit crew. I ran for the longest I have ever run before, at 2:20hr, and my legs are pretty much SHOT! I am going to work on getting my legs stronger to cover more miles, but after only running twice in the preceeding 2 weeks, I suppose I better get back on the horse and do my midweek runs. The team went well with the biggest turnout of runners in the whole 5 months of the program. We ran at "Carretera de las Aiguas", which overlooks the city of Barcelona and in english means "Road of the Waters". It is basically a flat 8km length of road that is prefect for those long runs. A good surface and marked kilometers (up to 5km) helps is keeping your pace. This week we have meetings about the future of the program.

3 comments:

RunDave said...

I'm surprised that is the longest you have ever run. What is the typical long run you did in peak training for olympics and CG? Are you training for a Marathon now?

Anonymous said...

32km!! Mate, what has got into you...LOL! You're going to come home and roll through our 75 min runs without even breaking a sweat.

We're all looking forward to your return and the challenges that training with you brings. It still seems amazing that it will be just under 2 yrs since we all saw you last. Having said that you'll probably find that things have basically stayed the same.

Anyway, look after those legs of yours, say hi to Jen for me and hopefully I run into you online soon.

2P said...

*whispering* come over to the dark side Mike, come over to the dark side......

Hehe 2.20 for your longest run at 32k... I'd be on the road for at least another 40mins for that!

You seem to enjoy it though..... come over to .....