Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wow, what a girlie day!

So Jennifer told me the other day the she planned a few things to do today. I like that. I like doing things. Lachie was in daycare for the few hours and we could do these planned things. Firstly, massages, 1 hour. Very nice and relaxed, although both of our masseurs talked the whole hour we were getting 'treatment'. Next we moved to a very large sporting goods store called Academy Sports. It was the first time either of us had been there, so we had fun looking at all the sporting stuff. I browsed the golf, fishing and even peeked at the guns they sold. I felt bad even looking at the actually as it's not normal to see guns freely sold in big chain stores. Little did I know that this would be the last manly place we went to. I was in a girls day out without even knowing it. Jennifer did mention it on our way to the next stop, Target. Now, hang on a second. A girls day out. Me? I was losing 'man-points' rapidly. After I escaped the women's clothing section fill with bras and panties, I moved my way to the electronics section. Every man knows that this is the only manly area in target. So I joined the other men who were in Target with their wives who were lucky enough to venture out on their own. Gaining...ever so slowly, my man points back. They were about to get a serious, life jolting hit. Jennifer made a 2:30 appointment to get our nails done. Yep, said OURS! No way was I getting my fingers done, but my feet are horrible, dry and I never look after them....so I was up for that as I was on a girlie day. I can do this for my wife. I watched Jen get it all done first. Looked good and she was relaxed. All I could think about was the scene on Dumb & Dumber. I was next and ready. The lady was an Asian, of course, as they are the best at this and was very nice. Her husband did nails, so I wasn't the only bloke in there. Well the experience was fun and my feet have never looked better. They needed it as they have been desert dry since the surgery.
I successfully passed a girlie day.
We picked Lachie up from daycare after the feet experience. He was so happy to see us as usual.

No comments: